Blood cancer treatment in India
Let me tell you a personal experience, I had an Aunt who was bald, when I asked her about it, she never answered me but only smiled at me in a sad manner. Later one day, my Mom told me that my Aunt was a blood cancer patient and due to the treatment process involved, she lost all of her hair. I could not understand it then, but I am now a medical consultant myself and I think I can confidently say that I know all about it.The personal experience only made it that much more relevent to me
Also known as Leukemia , blood cancer is killing approximately three individuals every minute. In 2016 alone, over 9 million people around the world died of leukemia.
This starts at the bone marrow where blood cells are produced. Blood cancer leads to production of abnormal cells which stop the blood from performing its normal functions.
Families like us come across one question "where can we find the best treatment?". I am proud to say that blood cancer treatment in India with its largest research base can offer the best treatment for blood cancer. also, Cancer Treatment Cost In India is well known for its affordability. cancer hospitals in Delhi and cancer hospitals in Mumbai are very effective and efficient for blood cancer treatment in India
Now that I have your attention, let me try to provide you ALL the necessary information about blood cancer treatment in India.
Why should you choose India for your blood cancer treatment?
Dr Suresh Advani , one of the best medical oncologists of the world says Cancer hospitals in India provide the same treatment which provided by hospitals abroad. Leukemia statistics in India speak for themselves however there are many testimonials given by doctors, consultants and patients stating that the quality of blood cancer treatment in India is topnotch.
There are many advantages if you choose cancer hospitals of India for your blood cancer treatment.
- World class facilities: Cancer hospitals in India have world class infrastructure. They are constantly improvising upon their facilities to become more effective. Cancer healing facilities in India grab utmost attention as they are providing all the top notch facilities that the world class hospitals offer.
- Affordability of the treatment : Overall cost of Blood cancer treatment in India is very less in comparison with the western countries. As the hospitals are highly expenive and the doctors charging huge amounts made the same treatment cost 5 times more in US and Uk.
- Availability of latest technology: India has one of the oldest and reputed research centres for cancer. They are constantly working to provide better treatment to human beings. Cancer hospitals in India also have their own private research centres. They ensure latest technological advancements for the blood cancer treatment in India.
- Treatment given by highly experienced doctors: Patients from US and UK say that they see professionalism in the Indian origin doctors. Indian doctors carry good reputation all over the world. They have a lot of experience and knowledge under their umbrella.
- Only the best quality: In india you get the best blood cancer treatment as Indian hospitals emphasise on providing top quality. You need not worry that its affordability has any side effects upon the quality cause the success rate speaks for itself when it comes to quality
Blood cancer treatment cost in India?
As any cancer treatment is highly expensive cost is one of is the very important factors for choosing Cancer facility for blood treatment. So hospitals which offer blood cancer treatment in India are renowned for providing the best cancer treatment in affordable costs in comparison to the western countries. So, middle-class patients of the western countries and patients from the African countries prefer cancer hospitals in India for their treatment. In India, there are many hospitals like Adyar Cancer Institute which specialise in cancer treatment cancer hospital in Chennai providing excellent treatment at affordable costs.
Talking about the blood cancer treatment cost in India, it varies from facility to facility. If you choose and compare same segment hospitals from India and US/UK, Blood cancer treatment in India proves that same treatment at one-fifth of the cost is possible. The blood cancer treatment cost in India is around INR 400000 - 600000 but if you need to transplant bone marrow for blood cancer treatment than cost can raise up to INR 1000000. The cost also varies as per how advanced a city is in medical sector. If you are looking for a cancer treatment facility in the southern region of India, then cancer hospital in Hyderabad is a preferred place.
That number is not the final estimate cost. There are lot more factors which need to be considered for the cost calculation.
- Consultation cost: Oncologist in India takes at least INR 1000 for one consultation but this is highly depended upon the doctors and the hospitals. You get free consultation in public hospitals for blood cancer treatment.
- Chemotherapy cost: Usually one chemotherapy cost around INR 30,000-40,000 but in blood cancer treatment doctors recommend cycles of chemotherapy depends upon the type and stage of your cancer. This cost multiplies to the number of cycles.
- Radiotherapy: Radiation treatment cost around INR 150000-250000 for one cycle and like chemotherapy doctors recommends number of radiotherapy cycle.
- Medication: This includes payments for specific drugs prescribed during your treatment period, such as chemotherapy and drugs to help manage side effects.
- Surgery: Cancer surgery in India can cost at least around 2.5 lakh and but it can go as high as around 20lakh. It depends on the stage and facility you are using.
- Transportation and travel:The transportation cost in India is very affordable. It has the largest Railways system in the World making travelling easy as well as affordable. Even domestic airlines are coming with very affordable prices to all the major cities and The Top Clinics for Blood Cancer Treatment In India are located in those top cities.
- Hospital's general expenses like room, food, staff pay etc.:Hospitals in India charge very minimal amount of money for providing these services.You can get Premium services at Affordable Prices when compared to Western Nations where hospitals are very costly
What is blood cancer?
Leukemia or blood cancer is a sub term used to separate the cancer of the lymphatic system (blood and bone marrow).
Highly technical terms, Right? Don’t worry and keep on reading you will get all the answers
To answer the bigger question, let me break the question into two parts to understand it in a better way.
Part 1: How are bloodcells produced in our body?
Bone marrow is responsible for producing bloodcells in our body. Bone marrow produces all the components i.e Red blood cell/RBC (carries oxygen), white blood cell/WBC (responsible for the immune system) and platelets (responsible for blood clotting to stop loss of blood from injuries).
Everyday, bone marrow produces billions of blood cells and the same number of blood cells die every day. This is how our body organically maintains balance of supply and demand of blood cells in our body.
Part 2: How blood cancer takes place from regular blood formation and circulation?
Blood cancer means abnormal growth in blood-forming tissues (RBV, WBC, platelets) and in actual blood cells.
In leukemia, many White blood cells do not mature normally. These abnormal cells called leukemic cells which are also been called as cancer blood cell. These cause two affects on our body
- These immature cells are not able to fight infection as the regular ones do
- The other one is they interfere with the production of new blood cell
So, ultimately our body is out of sufficient healthy blood cell for our body’s regular operation, because of this you will patient suffering from bruising, bleeding and infection.
Types of Blood cancer:
It is a type of cancer that originates in the tissue that forms blood which is bone marrow. Basically, a cell undergoes change and obtains abnormal growth and the normal cell becomes leukemic cell this crowd out or suppresses the normal growth of the normal cell.
Different types of leukemia are there
- Acute Lymphoblastic leukemia
- It is cancer of bone marrow and blood
- It is acute so progress rapidly
- No clear idea about the cause
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia(AML)
- It is cancer of bone marrow and blood
- Basically, it affects mostly to the cells which are not fully developed
- This type of cancer is still new for the doctors as well as for the researchers so there are much research are going on AML.
- Chronic lymphocytic leukemia
- It is cancer of bone marrow
- Mostly found in adults
- This can grow fast rate as well as slow
Lymphoma develops in lymphatic system which is very important part of our immune system. The lymphatic system is consist of the tissues and organ which are responsible for getting rid of waste and other unwanted materials. This basically takes out waste of your body like lymph or used white blood cell.
Types of lymphoma are as below
- Hodgkin Lymphoma(HL)
- One of the most curable cancer
- This cell crowd normal white cell and our immune system breaks down
- Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma (NHL)
- Generally develops lymph nodes and tissues
- Abnormal growth of white blood cell at both the place
- Immune system breaks down
It is cancer of plasma cells. Plasma cell are responsible for making antibody (antibody is responsible for contracting antigene means alien particles in our body which are responsible for making us sick)
There are no subtypes for Myeloma.
- Cancer originates in bone marrow
- It spread by white blood cell
- This affects many parts of body as it spreads out with blood
- It progress slowly and it does not any symptoms
Reasons for Blood Cancer:
- Leukemia in genes
- Smocking: this has direct relation with AML
- Disorders of genes like Down syndrome
- Blood disorders
- Exposer of high level of Radiation
- Exposer to harsh chemicals like benzene
- Chemotherapy drugs
- Chemotherapy drugs
Symptoms of Blood Cancer:
- Unnatural weight loss
- Feeling weak
- Easy bruising and bleed
- Pain in joints
- Painless lymph nodes
- Frequent and repeated Infection
- Itchy skin
- Pain in bone
- Weakness that don't go away with time
- Swollen stomach
Blood cancer treatment:
Cancer hospitals in India are capable of taking every step to counter blood cancer.
Treatment is highly depended on stage and the type of cancer but mostly there are three blood cancer treatments available:
- Chemotherapy: It uses specialize drugs to kill cancer cells. It slows down the growth of blood cancer cells in our body. It is also been used with the combination with radiation therapy.
- Radiation: High-intensity X-rays been used to counter cancer cells. In this x-rays are directed towards to the cancer cells to kill them. This destroys the cancer cells persist.
- Stem cell transplantation: In this process damaged blood cell are being replaced with the new fresh blood-forming cell which can be extracted from the healthy bone marrow.
Blood cancer survival rate:
5 years survival rate