Breast cancer is one of the most commonly occurring types of cancer around the world. Therefore, In search of an affordable but premium breast cancer treatment, people often visit India. As cancer hospitals in India are able to provide this with much ease.
India’s presence in the medical tourism sector has been steadily growing at the rate of 20-25% every year. Breast cancer in India is getting the right amount of attention from people around the country. More and more technological advancements are being integrated by hospitals in India.
There are various reasons for this phenomenon, let’s highlight these factors in detail:
- Breast cancer treatment cost in India is relatively much more economical than other developed countries providing the same treatment.
- Wide arrays of options are available to treat cancer in India. For example, Apollo Hospital in Chennai has proton therapy which provides a high degree of precision radiation on the tumour, only a few hospitals in the world can say the same.
- Similarly, Laparoscopic and Robotic surgery techniques are growing in prominence in the country, which focuses on minimal invasive incisions.
- Cancer hospitals in India are well equipped with world-class infrastructure and services which really helps to sustain a higher success rate of cancer treatment across the country.
- If there is a need for a multi-disciplinary review of the case, then it is provided as well, which allows the patient to get the appropriate treatment.
- Waiting time for a visit to an oncologist in India is much less than what you experience in western countries, you can book quick appointments and get yourself treated without wasting much time.
- Medical tourism in India is encouraged by the Government of India’s lenient policies of issuing medical visas.
Therefore, we can safely conclude that one can find the best breast cancer treatment in India.