Skin Whitening Treatment in Bangalore
Skin Whitening Treatment in Bangalore is becoming a popular phenomenon, which shall be discussed ahead in detail here. Before we know how Bangalore is contributing in the field of cosmetology, let's understand it's relativity with beauty. Beauty is defined differently in different parts of the world. The term beautiful is socially confirmed and has various standards.
Take eyebrows, for example, today carefully shaped and cut eyebrows are appropriate for a pretty face. Whereas, back in the era of 1500 i.e. when Mona Lisa was a symbol of beauty, women were perceived to look more feminine without their eyebrows.
From a very long time now, India has considered white skin tone to be a sign of attractiveness and this mentality still prevails. Where many women are now comfortable in their own skin (thanks to the recent awareness around women), there are many ways where the society still finds a way to pressurise young women based on their skin colour itself.
Today, where many women are quite confident in their own skin tone, there are still a lot of females who find skin whitening or skin lightening as the only way to uplift their self-confidence and to feel beautiful.
Skin-Whitening Treatment includes remedies that make use of chemical or natural ingredients to get a glowing and supple skin by maintaining its health at the same time. This medical treatment has changed many lives, be it for women or men. India has a high demand in the skin whitening segment. Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, or the Skin Whitening Treatment in Bangalore the number of people opting for skin lightening is increasing year after year.
Skin whitening treatments are very popular and since unfortunately even in a modern society like ours today fair skin is considered as a beauty symbol, many women with darker skin turn to this option.
What is a Skin Lightening or Skin Whitening Treatment?
The skin whitening treatment is actually done for patients who have got excessive skin pigmentation due to skin diseases. Speaking medically, this skin treatment is a way of getting rid of the excess pigmentation to get an even skin tone.
So, in a skin whitening treatment, a mixture of chemicals and other substances are used to lighten the skin by reducing the amount of melanin in it. Melanin is the pigment which decides the colour of the human skin.
The melanin is known to produce a special set of cells termed as the melanocytes. In people having dark skin tone, the number of melanocytes produced is more, moderate in people with less dark skin colour and occurs in a smaller amount in people with light skin tone.
Skin whitening treatment in Bangalore is one of the most popular treatments these days, with patients coming to this city from various other states to get treated.
When is Skin Whitening Treatment Recommended?
The melanin in our skin is very helpful in protecting us from the harmful UV rays. This is the reason why dark-skinned people are more immune to the different kinds of skin diseases caused by the UV rays and why people in the western countries have more skin problems.
While the West has adapted itself to skin-darkening methods such as tanning, darkening creams etc, the Asian countries are still obsessed with the skin whitening methods. Owing to this fairness craze, many people have turned to skin whitening treatment in our country.
Doctors, however, recommend skin whitening treatment only in hyper-pigmented cases which is caused due to multiple factors like: inflammation by sunlight, medication, allergic reaction, genetics, hormonal changes, abrasive injuries etc.
This treatment is given to the patients after thorough examination of skin health and previous medical history.
Different types of Skin Whitening Treatments
While choosing a skin lightening treatment, be very careful of the technique and the whitening agent to be used for your treatment.
It should be done from a clinic with verified and satisfied customers who have undergone the skin lightening treatment without any harmful after-effects.
But if your clinic and surgeon is a trusted one and has provided quality treatments to the previous patients, then you can have a safe skin whitening treatment too.
If you decide on getting this skin treatment for any reason is it cosmetic or medical, you might come across the following available options:
- Chemical Peel: This technique is also known as chem exfoliation or derma-peeling as it involves the application of a chemical solution to the skin resulting in its outer layer to dissolve and peel away. This treatment is often painful and can last up to hours, leaving one with burning or stinging sensation. This technique is literally creating a measured wound thereby compelling the skin to regenerate itself. However, the doctors often provide medication to alleviate the pain.
Once the treatment is done, you will see peeling, scaling and redness that shall last from 3-7 days.
This skin whitening treatment may sometimes also cause water blisters which can take up to 7-14 days to fall off after the procedure. Chemical peels can be done by self with the help of peels available from drugstores but otherwise, in case of deep chemical peels, it is best performed by a licensed doctor or dermatologist.
- Dermabrasion: This is a medical practice that requires the surgical removal or scraping away of the top layers of the skin. It is usually done to treat deep acne or severe scars. Dermabrasion is performed only on the affected area of the skin and not the entire part. This method of skin lightening is mostly used to treat irregularities like scars and softening the sharp edges of the skin to give a much smoother appearance and feel to the skin. The cost of this skin treatment depends on the size of the area to be treated. The recovery period can take time from weeks to months as dermabrasion involves extreme surgical scraping.
- Microdermabrasion: This should not be confused with dermabrasion as it involves gentle removal of the skin surface. Microdermabrasion is performed by various spas and dermatologists who work on removing the dead or the damaged skin cells from the skin top layer. This technique of skin whitening treatment in Bangalore can certainly make your skin look healthier, however it is not suitable for deep pigmentation, scars and wrinkles.
Microdermabrasion is done using an abrasive surface which is a combination of the skincare products and a wand that helps in scrubbing away the top layer of your skin much like you would use a sand paper to smoothen the surface of the wood. The risks involved in this technique is minimum; only in rare cases it can trigger scarring or hyperpigmentation.
- Laser Skin Whitening Treatment: Laser Skin Whitening Treatment is also known as Laser Resurfacing, Laser Peel etc. This method of skin whitening involves directing concentrated beam of light at irregular skin which results in removing the skin layer by layer. Laser skin peel is used to treat wrinkles, fine lines, acne or scars. Patients who are undergoing any acne or skin lightening treatment or have gone through the same previously are not considered as good candidates. The laser skin whitening treatment in Bangalore is not recommended in treating the stretch marks.
Laser skin resurfacing involves the combination of sedatives and local anaesthesia to reduce pain as an outpatient procedure.
The treatment can take from an hour to two considering the size of the face and the area to be treated. After the procedure, the patient face is covered with the dressing, for precautionary methods, as advised by the dermatologist.
Laser skin resurfacing might feel like a sun burn and must be treated like one with utmost care for a week to three.
If the treatment is done by an experience and skilled doctor, then the risk of Laser is minimum, like swelling, redness, slight bruising or hyperpigmentation in rare cases.
These after effects can be taken care of with the help of your dermatologist suggestions and goes away in a month or so.
- Cryosurgery: In cryosurgery or cryotherapy liquid nitrogen is used to free the skin lesions and remove them. It destroys the skin cells and results in regeneration that shall occur naturally.
The treatment is followed for about 3-4 months wherein the excess melanin of dark spots like freckles is forced to the top layer of the skin and slowly sloughed away. After the treatment, the skin shall appear natural with even skin tone. The risks of cryotherapy which is another technique of the skin whitening treatment in Bangalore includes hypopigmentation or formation of white scars where freeing was performed.
While these risks are rare, the side-effects may be evident on people having darker skin tone and these spots can even result in being permanent. Another risk of cryosurgery is permanent numbness. Be very careful while getting cryosurgery as this skin whitening treatment should not be performed on skin lesions that may be cancerous. It is usually used for treating liver spots, sun-spots, warts or lesions.
People also searched for: