Best Vitiligo Treatment in Mumbai
Before we discuss in details about what Vitiligo actually is, let me answer your question about which is the best vitiligo treatment in Mumbai?
There are many treatments for vitiligo, such as:
- Laser treatment
- Surgical methods
- Miniature punch grafting
- Ultra-thin skin grafting
- Suction blister grafting
- Tattooing(micro pigmentation)
- Melanocyte Transplantation
The latest and most advanced vitiligo treatment in Mumbai is Melanocyte Transplantation. Apart from that, laser treatment for vitiligo in Mumbai is also very popular. There are much reputed skin specialist in Mumbai who offer best vitiligo treatment.
Eligibility for Melanocyte Transplantation
The ideal candidate for melanocyte transplantation, a popular way to treat vitiligo, is the patients who have been affected for more than one year.
Patients suffering from vitiligo should fulfill the following criteria in order to be qualified for melanocyte transplantation:
- Existing areas should be the same without an increase in size.
- No occurrence new patches to appear on other areas.
- New injuries should be healed with normal skin color.
Now talking about the cost involved in treating Vitiligo by Melanocyte Transplantation.
The cost varies depending on the intricacy of the surgery and what needs to be done to fix it. On an average, it costs somewhere around Rs. 35000 ($514.589) to Rs. 100000 ($1470.25).
Another common treatment for Vitiligo is phototherapy, to know more about the same read on.
Apart from that there is another typical therapy in which UVB light is exposed to the epidermis from UVB lamps. It can be done at skin care centre or even at your own place. It is important to control the exposure time in order to avoid skin burn.
The duration of therapy depends upon the time of existence of the spots. In case the spots were seen for not more than 3 years, the therapy will not exceed for more than a couple of weeks. However, in case of more than 3 years it may require around 2-3 months.
For more severe cases, in which the body has a large number of spots, it may require a more extensive body therapy to be carried out in a medical center or clinic.
Phototherapy is highly effective especially when combined with UVA light along with a medical drug known as Psoralen. However, the duration medical drug is known as Psoralen. However, the duration for this therapy is long, taking 6-12 months or even more in some cases.
Vitiligo Specialist in India
India is home to many top skin specialists and hospitals providing an excellent solution for all your skin problems. The costs involved in the Vitiligo Treatment is comparatively lower than that in abroad.
There are many top treatment destinations for vitiligo around the world such as Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Turkey, India, and US. But, among all of these India is one of the most effective locations who offer savings up to almost 80% in comparison to the US and many of the others.
This makes it highly preferable for patients across the globe especially the ones who cannot afford to pay as much.
Many of the top JCI accredited hospitals in India also provide you various other services such as a hassle free and discounted travel option, pick-up from airport, 24*7 services and support. The waiting time is reduced as the procedure is immediately scheduled after your assessment
Vitiligo Treatment in Mumbai
Mumbai is popular for providing solutions for various health related problems and diseases. It has some of the top hospitals in India that provide excellent treatment at affordable costs.
It has many JCI accredited hospitals having trained medical staff, state-of-the-art infrastructure, qualified surgeons, latest equipment and patient-centric approach. It makes Mumbai highly competitive against many other cities in India providing health care.
This is the reason why many national and international patients prefer to come to Mumbai for skin treatments and many other serious illnesses like cancer, heart surgery, brain tumour, kidney transplantation, etc.
There are many good skin specialists providing vitiligo treatment in Mumbai, among various treatments as already discussed above the most popular one is laser treatment in this part of the world.
Let us try to understand more about the subject Vitiligo in detail.
Vitiligo is a skin disease in which the patient loses skin colour in spots. In this illness, depigmentation or hypopigmentation takes place in a part or entire area of epidermis due to death of melanocytes cells, which are accountable for pigmentation of epidermis. However, the amount of colour loss in vitiligo is ambiguous.
Vitiligo can impact the skin of any of the body parts. Apart from skin, the hair, eyes and inside of lips may also be affected.
All types of epidermis get affected with Vitiligo & Leukoderma, it is more common among dark-skinned people.
This state is neither severe nor infectious. It can be traumatic and it can make you feel bad about yourself. The condition cannot be healed permanently even after treatment but it may still enhance the look of the skin partially or completely.
Yet, possibilities of return always exist. The reason of pigmentation problems like Vitiligo or leukoderma is not understood clearly as of now.
Scientists have actually suggested that it may be due to various factors that involves hereditary, autoimmune, oxidative anxiety, neural or viral factors. However, the exact cause of this pigment disorder is yet to be determined especially in case of Idiopathic Vitiligo. On the other hand, a Chemical Vitiligo is a result of skin bleaching.
Vitiligo Ayurvedic Treatment in Mumbai
Many people especially look for ayurvedic treatment vitiligo. Many vitiligo specialist in India, provide vitiligo ayurvedic treatment in Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore, Chennai among other metro cities.
According to Ayurveda, Vitiligo is caused due to high intensity of Pitta in the body. Pitta is an Ayurvedic humor that symbolizes fire and is manifested in the skin, along with other organs. Pitta is of five types. One of them is Bhrajak Pitta, which gives coloration to the skin. In the case of Vitiligo, Bhrajak Pitta gets imbalanced, leading to the formation of ama, which consequently impairs deeper body tissues such as rasa dhatu (nutrient plasma), rakta (blood), mamsa (muscles) and lasika (lymph). This ultimately causes depigmentation of the skin.
Types of Vitiligo
- Idiopathic-When the cause is perhaps not known
- Chemical-It occurs because of skin bleaching or other substances
It is extremely important to detect Vitiligo at an early stage in order to ease the treatment procedure. In case you are having any of these symptoms, it is advisable to consult a skin specialist near you as soon as possible in order to avoid further damage to your skin.
Symptoms and Signs
- The most common sign of Vitiligo is when areas of extremities such as legs, hands, etc. lose their pigment.
- Initially, these spots are small. As the time progresses, it changes its size and form.
- Face, arms and wrists are most likely to be affected by epidermis lesions.
- It can also affect your eyes, nostrils, navel, and mouth.
- Many consider vitiligo as a social stigma.
Many times, people who are affected by this disease are differentiated from the others in the society. They often experience mood swings and often go into depression at a later stage.
Vitiligo can also be classified into segmental and non-segmental vitiligo, here we will discuss both of them in details:
In NSV, the pigmented spots are found evenly over the epidermis. Over a period of time, new spots arrive and can be generalized over bigger body parts or restricted to a specific location. Vitiligo involving all body parts is termed as vitiligo universal. Though the process is complex due to it being effective, it is largely popular from of vitiligo treatment in Mumbai
Let us take a look at the various types of NSV:
- Generalized Vitiligo-It is the most common type of NSV and is irregularly distributed.
- Focal Vitiligo-It is highly common among children in which one or more spots exist in a region.
- Acro-facial Vitiligo-Fingertips and area near the orifices.
- Universal Vitiligo-Depigmentation in the entire body.
- Mucosal Vitiligo-Depigmentation occurs in the mucous membranes.
The figure below clearly depicts the different types of NSV.
It varies from NSV in etiology, prevalence, and appearance from related illness. It mostly impacts one part of the body, the areas of epidermis connected with dorsal origins from spine. Segmental Vitiligo(SV) can be managed with topical therapy.
For melanocyte transplantation, the following out of the above are eligible:
- Segmental Vitiligo
- Generalized Vitiligo, affected areas are less than 20%
- Leukoderma-Piebaldism, post-burn leukoderma
Other options for vitiligo treatment in Mumbai
It usually takes around 6 to 18 months to cure vitiligo. The optimal therapy depends on a variety of factors such as the amount of white patches; their location, sizes, and how widespread they are; and also on your preference in terms of treatment. Each patient reacts differently to treatment, and a particular therapy may not work for everyone. Broadly, there are three kinds of treatment options currently available for vitiligo-medical, surgical, and adjunctive therapies.
- Medical therapies:
- Topical Psoralen photo chemotherapy
- Oral Psoralen photo chemotherapy
- Depigmentation-It involves removing pigment from the rest of the skin on the body in order to match the affected areas that are already white. Those people who are affected with more than 50% vitiligo on their bodies, depigmentation may be the best treatment option.
- Surgical Therapies: Surgical therapies are not suitable for everyone, it is recommended for those who have vitiligo has been stable for 3 years or more:
- Autologous skin grafts The surgeon removes skin from one area of your body and puts it to another area.
- Skin grafts using blisters - The doctor produces swellings on your pigmented skin by using heat, suction, or freezing cold. The tops of these are then cut out and attached to a depigmented skin area.
- Micro pigmentation (tattooing) - This procedure involves inserting pigment into the skin with a special surgical instrument. This technique works best for the lip area, predominantly in people with dark skin. However, there are certain flaws in this technique such as it is difficult for the doctor to match perfectly the colour of the skin of the surrounding area.
- Autologous melanocyte transplants - In this procedure, a sample of your normal pigmented skin is taken by the clinician and is placed in a laboratory dish comprising a special cell-culture solution to grow melanocytes. When the melanocytes in the culture solution have grown, the doctor relocates them to your depigmented skin patches. It is one of the popular type of vitiligo treatment in Mumbai
- Additional therapies: Apart from the aforementioned therapies some of the other therapies that are equally effective for treating vitiligo are Sunscreens, Cosmetic camouflage, Counselling and support groups. Eximer laser 318 nm has been found to be effective in curing localized stable vitiligo especially of the hair bearing areas.
People also searched for: