Psoriasis Treatment in Delhi
Psoriasis treatment in Delhi is increasing over the past few years which is affecting around 2–4% of the total population according to the recent survey.
Though the causes of psoriasis aren’t fully known, it's thought to be related to an immune system problem of the cells in our body. Anyone can get it, but it can increase between the ages of 15 and 35. Both men and women are equally affected by psoriasis.
First we will talk about what is psoriasis and further in the article we will discuss about what are the main causes of psoriasis and which are the best centers for psoriasis treatment.
What is Psoriasis?
Basically, Psoriasis is a long-term skin disease affecting the life cycle of the skin and it also causes the skin cells to grow rapidly, resulting in thick, white, silvery, or red patches. Generally, the patches may vary in size from small to large. Sometimes it is painful as they appear on the knees, elbows, scalp, hands, feet, or lower back. Though this disease may begin at any age usually it starts in adulthood.
What are the causes of psoriasis?
In India, Skin disease is a major health problem affecting the huge population. Among all the skin diseases Eczema and Psoriasis are the major contributors involving 10 to 12 percent of the total population. In India, mostly it is affecting the metro cities like Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata.
The reason includes:
- Photosensitive skin disorders like tanning
- Infectious diseases are increasing at a faster pace
Psoriasis seems to be passed down through families. Doctors think it may be an autoimmune condition. This occurs when the immune system wrongly destroys healthy body tissue.
Usually, skin cells grow and increases within a month. If you have psoriasis, this process will take place rapidly. Psoriasis can occur in those who have a weak immune system. This may be due to:
- Autoimmune disorders (such as rheumatoid arthritis
- Cancer Chemotherapy
Why is psoriasis treatment in Delhi increasing?
Delhi has around 8.5 million vehicles on its roads which are easily the largest in India and probably the highest in the world resulting in air pollution. The component of pollution is harmful to health which is affecting the skin and due to this psoriasis treatment in Delhi is increasing. Also, the city has comparatively dry winters and has an extended course of very hot weather which causes high levels of humidity.
Psoriasis is also associated with an increased risk of depression, psoriatic arthritis, lymphomas, psychological stress Psoriatic arthritis affects up to 30% of individuals with psoriasis
Factors that may trigger psoriasis include:
- Infections, such as strep throat or skin infections
- Injury to the skin, such as a cut or scrape, bug bite, or a severe sunburn
- Cold Weather
- Heavy alcohol consumption
- Certain medications — including lithium, which is prescribed for bipolar disorder; high blood pressure medications such as beta-blockers; antimalarial drugs; and iodides.
The symptoms of psoriasis:
- Red patches of skin covered with silvery scales
- Small scaling spots
- Dry, cracked skin that may bleed
- Itching, burning or soreness
- Thickened, pitted or ridged nails
- Swollen and stiff joints
Though there is no proper cure for psoriasis but around 75% of cases can be managed with the help of steroid creams, vitamin D3 cream, ultraviolet light, and immune system-suppressing medications such as methotrexate.
What are the different types of psoriasis?
- Plaque psoriasis: It is the most common form of psoriasis identified by thick red patches of skin, often with a silver or white scaly layer. Patches are usually 1 - 10 centimeters wide, but it can vary in size and can occur anywhere on your body. If scratched, the symptoms will often get worse.The parts of the body where it mostly appears are:
So, it is better to visit a renowned skin specialist in Delhi if you are suffering from any types of psoriasis.
Your doctor will first recommend applying moisturizers to keep the skin from becoming too dry or irritated and will also work to identify your unique psoriasis triggers, including stress or lack of sleep. These moisturizers include an over-the-counter (OTC) cortisone cream or an ointment-based moisturizer.
In some cases, light therapy is needed which exposes the skin to both UVA and UVB rays. Sometimes treatment is performed by prescribing oral medications, light therapies, and prescription ointments to reduce inflammation.
- Nail psoriasis: It includes fungal infections and other infections of the nail. It can cause:
• Nail pitting
• Breaking of the nail
• Thickened skin under the nail
• Spots under the nail
• Sometimes the nail can even break and fall off.
Though there is no cure for psoriatic nails, some treatments can be implemented to improve the appearance of the nails.
The treatment for nail psoriasis is the same as what is used for plaque psoriasis.
It will take some time to see the effects of these treatments as the nails will grow very slowly. Treatment options are:
• Oral medications which include methotrexate
• Biologics, which are available via injection or intravenous infusion
- Scalp psoriasis: It often appears to extend beyond the hairline and causes dandruff which spread to the neck, face, and ears in one large patch or many smaller patches and for most of the people, it is a matter of stress. Due to the extreme cold weather of Delhi,skin becomes very dry especially the skin of the scalp which results in increasing scalp psoriasis treatment in Delhi.
In some cases, scalp psoriasis can also complicate regular hair hygiene. Excessive scratching can cause hair loss and scalp infections.
The treatment for scalp psoriasis include:
• Medicated shampoos
• Application of vitamin D, known as calcipotriene (Dovonex)
• Light therapy and oral medications also may be recommended depending upon the responsiveness to treatment.
- Guttate psoriasis: It’s the second most common type of psoriasis affecting 10 percent of the people. Generally, it affects young adults and children. It is mostly triggered by a bacterial infection such as strep throat, stress, a skin injury, an infection, or medication
- Inverse psoriasis: Flexural or inverse psoriasis is mainly triggered by fungal infections. It mostly appears in skinfolds, such as under the breasts or in the armpits or groin area. This type of psoriasis causes smooth patches of red, inflamed skin.
- Pustular psoriasis: Pustular psoriasis is a severe form of psoriasis. It generally occurs in smaller areas on your hands, feet or fingertips and develops quickly in the form of many white pustules surrounded by red skin.
Generalized pustular psoriasis can also cause fever, chills, severe itching and diarrhea.
It mainly affects isolated areas of the body, like the hands and feet, or cover most of the skin’s surface. These pustules can also join and scaling occurs.
Some people experience cyclic periods of pustules and remission. While the pus is noninfectious, this condition can be identified by symptoms such as:
• Rapid Pulse
• Muscle Weakness
• Loss of Appetite
- Erythrodermic psoriasis: Erythrodermic psoriasis, or exfoliative psoriasis, is psoriasis which occurs when the rash becomes very widespread and looks like severe burns. This form of psoriasis affects numerous number of people.
Erythrodermic psoriasis mainly affects the nails of the finger and toe which includes pits in the nails or changes in nail color. It may cover large portions of the body. Exfoliation often occurs in a larger area.
In such cases, sometimes it becomes necessary to admit in the hospital as your body may not be able to control the body temperature.
Erythrodermic psoriasis evolved from:
• Pustular psoriasis
• Significant stress
Discontinuation of a systemic psoriasis medicine
Measures that should be taken:
Hospital attention is very much needed for the patient suffering from Erythrodermic psoriasis
As in the hospital, you will receive extreme care. The treatment includes medicated wet dressings, topical steroid applications, and prescription oral medications until symptoms have improved.
Make an appointment with your doctor without wasting any time if you think you have erythrodermic psoriasis.
- Psoriatic arthritis: Psoriatic arthritis (PsA) is a condition that links the swollen, sore joints of arthritis with the skin disease psoriasis. It appears on the skin and scalp as red patches.
Treatments for Psoriatic arthritis can include nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), such as ibuprofen (Advil) and naproxen sodium (Aleve) which is used to reduce the incidences of swelling and pain associated with psoriatic arthritis.
What is the cost involved in psoriasis treatment?
Psoriasis treatments can be very expensive though it is not possible to tell the exact cost of psoriasis treatment in Delhi as it depends on many factors such as location, doctor’s reputation, medicine to be needed. The instruments used in the psoriasis treatment ranges between $500 and $600.
What are the feasible psoriasis treatment in Delhi?
- Topical corticosteroids: These powerful anti-inflammatory drugs are the most frequently prescribed medications for treating psoriasis. It slows down the growth of skin cells by suppressing the immune system, which reduces inflammation and relieves associated itching. To increase the effectiveness and to reduce the side effects, topical corticosteroids are generally used on active outbreaks.
- Vitamin D analogues: Calcipotriene (Dovonex) is a prescription cream or solution containing a vitamin D analogue that may be used alone to treat mild to moderate psoriasis.
- Anthralin: This medication is believed to normalize DNA activity in skin cells. Anthralin also can remove scale, making the skin smoother. However, anthralin can irritate skin.
- Topical retinoids: Generally, these are used to treat acne and sun-damaged skin, but tazarotene was developed specifically for the treatment of psoriasis. The most common side effect it has is skin irritation. It may also increase sensitivity to sunlight, so while using the medication sunscreen should be applied. It isn't recommended for women who are pregnant or breast-feeding or intend to become pregnant.
- Salicylic acid: Apart from removing dead skin cells it also reduces scaling. Salicylic acid is available in medicated shampoos and scalp solutions to treat scalp psoriasis.
- Coal tar: Coal tar is apparently the oldest treatment for psoriasis. It reduces scaling, itching and inflammation. This treatment isn't favored for pregnant women.
- Moisturizers: Moisturizing creams is used to reduce itching, scaling and to remove the dryness that results from other therapies.
- UV Treatment: Ultraviolet light therapy or ultraviolet phototherapy is a form of treatment for certain skin disorders including vitiligo and skin whitining when used with psoralen to form the PUVA treatment. With the help of which UV Treatment for psoriasis in delhi are offering higher successful rates.
Psoriasis treatments aim to:
Controls the growth of skin cells and reduces inflammation, plaque formation. Remove scales and smooth the skin.
- Reduce stress
- Drink plenty of fluids
- Maintain balanced diet
- Get enough sleep
- Avoid alcohol and smoking
- Use moisturizer regularly
- Avoid scratching
Psoriasis homeopathic treatment in Delhi
The homeopathic and ayurvedic treatment for psoriasis on scalp in Delhi has reached great heights. As Homoeopathic medicines are best medicine for psoriasis in india. It is safe and natural having no side effects and treat psoriasis without using any local ointments. So, homeopathic and ayurvedic treatment for psoriasis in delhi has been found to be extremely effective. Remedies of homeopathic treatment incites the body's own healing potential by improving the balance of the immune system and countering the genetic predisposition.
The duration of treatment varies according to the following factors:
- Parts of the body affected
- Duration of psoriasis
- General health and associated diseases.
- Previous medications.
People also searched for: