Psoriasis treatment in Mumbai
According to the renowned dermatologists for psoriasis treatment in Mumbai is increasing day by day due to less exposure to sunlight, excessive alcohol, dry skin initiates this disease in your skin.
Psoriasis is marked by thick white or red patches on the skin. It is not contagious.
You can find the best dermatologist for psoriasis in Mumbai.
What is Psoriasis?
Psoriasis is a typical skin disease that attacks the epidermis and is considered to be a common skin disorder in Mumbai.
In Psoriasis, the growth rate of skin is fast which in turn results in silvery or red patches on the surface of the skin.
The term Psoriasis has Greek roots and it meant an itchy condition. The Psoriasis treatment in Mumbai is available from dermatologists and skin specialists present there.
But before you visit any Psoriasis specialist in India you must be aware of its causes and cure.
Why is Psoriasis treatment in Mumbai increasing?
Psoriasis is happening in Mumbai primarily due to the malfunctioning immunological system. This is the reason why psoriasis treatment in Mumbai has gained importance in last few decades.
The immune system in the human body identifies your normal skin as a pathogen and starts sending immunological signals to the affected area.
Due to this excessive production of new skin cells occurs which replaces apparent pathogens. This is known as Koebner Phenomenon which is observed in localized area caused by Psoriasis.
Psoriasis is a hereditary condition which is triggered by environmental factors.
So, psoriasis can not transfer from parents to children by touch. It is stimulated by factors such as anxiety, stress and abrupt withdrawal from a systematic corticosteroid.
People in Mumbai people lead a fast moving life, so they lead a stressful and full of anxiety. This is a reason why psoriasis treatment in Mumbai is increasing day by day.
Psoriasis treatment in Vasai
Vasai is a popular location in Mumbai which is known to provide all kinds of solutions to various skin related problems.
It also provides ayurvedic treatment for psoriasis in Mumbai.
Psoriasis treatment in Vasai region is popular among the local residents due to its affordability of costs without compromising on the quality of skin treatment.
What is the risk associated with Psoriasis in Mumbai?
Nowadays, psoriasis treatment in Navi Mumbai and Mumbai is happening frequently. Although it happens to the epidermis cells still Psoriasis can pose risk to normal functioning of many organs in your body. Following are the risk factors associated with Psoriasis:
There is risk involved with the development of cancer:-
- Cardiovascular illness
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Auto-immune disorder like Crohn's disease
What are the types of Psoriasis usually happens in Mumbai?
There are various types of Psoriasis but usually, only five types of Psoriasis Mumbai frequently occurs. All these types of Psoriasis have different signs and symptoms. These are given below:
- Plaque Psoriasis: It is the most common type of Psoriasis in Mumbai, it appears as raised patches of reddish skin with a silvery scale. Patches frequently form on elbows, knees, lower back and scalp but can occur anywhere on the skin.
- Guttate Psoriasis: It appears as small red spots, it usually affects children and adults. Its symptoms are a sore throat and it normally heals up by itself in a week or in a few month.
- Pustular psoriasis: This type of psoriasis rarely occurs in Mumbai. It is characterized by white pustules surrounded by red skin. It is usually confined to certain areas of body, usually the palms and soles.body, usually the palms and soles.
- Inverse psoriasis: This type of psoriasis occurs when smooth, red lesion occurs on the skin. It can occur in the armpit, under the breast, and around the genitals.
- Erythrodermic psoriasis: This is life-threatening psoriasis that occurs in Mumbai. It causes widespread redness with severe itching and pain.
Psoriasis may affect your nail. It frequently develops on the scalp resembling dandruff and in nails causing thickening and splitting of nails.
In Mumbai it is seen that around 10% to 30% people develop psoriasis form arthritis called psoriasis arthritis Without treatment, permanent joint degeneration and destruction can occur.
How is Psoriasis treatment in Mumbai done?
In Mumbai, there are a number of ways by which Psoriasis treatment in Mumbai can be done. These are as follows:
Topical creams and ointments
Containing cortisone compounds, retinoids, tar, or anthralin may be used in combination with natural sunlight or another ultraviolet (UV) light treatment. The more severe forms of psoriasis may require oral or injectable medications with or without UV light treatment. Corticosteroids (cortisone)
In Mumbai Cortisone creams, ointments, and lotions may clear the skin temporarily and control the condition in many patients. Corticosteroids must be used cautiously and with your dermatologist's instructions. When used for many months, psoriasis can become resistant to the corticosteroid. Difficult-to-treat spots may be treated with an injection of a corticosteroid.
- Often effective on tough-to-treat thick patches of psoriasis.
- Useful for individuals with localized psoriasis, calcipotriene may be combined with other treatments.
- Coal Tar
For more than 100 years, coal tar has been used safely and effectively to treat psoriasis.
Ultraviolet (UV) light, which is found in sunlight, slows the rapid growth of skin cells.
Under a dermatologists care, light therapy UVB light therapy, PUVA, or Goeckerman treatment with or without combination with other modalities of treatment, offers many patients a safe and effective treatment option.
Although UVB is very safe and effective, it does have possible side effects that include burns, freckling, and premature aging.
An acronym, PUVA stands for psoralen + UVA, which are the two components of this treatment. Used to treat widespread psoriasis and psoriasis that has not responded to other therapies, PUVA is effective in approximately 85% of cases. PUVA treatments over a long period increase the risk of premature aging, freckling, and skin cancer.
eximer laser 318 nm has been found in some studies to be effective for localized stable plaque psoriasis.
- Methotrexate - This anti-cancer medication can dramatically clear psoriasis. Because methotrexate can cause serious side effects, particularly liver disease, it is reserved for treating moderate to severe psoriasis that has not responded to other therapies.
- Retinoids - An oral retinoid may be prescribed alone or in combination with ultraviolet light for severe cases of psoriasis. Patients taking oral retinoid require close monitoring, which includes regular blood tests.
- Cyclosporine - While cyclosporine proves extremely effective in treating psoriasis, it is generally reserved for patients with severe psoriasis who have not responded to other therapies, due to potential side effects.
- Biologic Agents - Biologics pinpoint precise immune responses involved with psoriasis. Many medical tests are required before finding the most appropriate biologic treatment. The biologics used to treat psoriasis are:
- Alefacept - By blocking the over-activated T cells. The patient typically receives one injection per week for 12 weeks.
- Etanercept - This biologic agent blocks tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF), a messenger in the immune system that directs cells to cause the inflammation that leads to psoriasis. Etanercept is typically used as long-term subcutaneous injection therapy.
- Infliximab - Infliximab blocks tumor necrosis factor-alpha. It is given as an infusion.
- Adalimumab - This biologic blocks tumor necrosis factor-alpha. It is given by subcutaneous injections.
What is the cost of Psoriasis hospital in Mumbai city?
In case if you are looking for best hospital for psoriasis treatment in Mumbai at affordable costs then you are at the right place.
The cost of Psoriasis in Mumbai varies from Rs 1000 to Rs 2000 as each consultation fee Although this cost is not fixed , it varies with different locations in Mumbai.
The factors that determine cost of psoriasis treatment in Mumbai are doctor's experience, the location of clinic, seriousness of psoriasis on your skin.
People also searched for: