Dental Implants in Jaipur, what are Dental Implants?
In spite of improvement in dental care many people suffer from tooth loss due to decay, gum disease or injury. In past people with missing teeth could opt to replace them with bridges and dentures.
But nowadays with the availability of dental implants they have another treatment option to choose from.
Dental implants are surgical metal fixtures that are positioned beneath your gums, into the jawbone. They provide a strong base so as to allow the dentist to place permanent or removable replacement teeth.
There is growing awareness among the people in Jaipur about better healthcare and dental services available today. Dentists in Jaipur are in great demand as they aim to prevent and treat oral disorders by offering advance treatment and use world class equipment. There is a steady growth for dental implants in Jaipur. People in Jaipur have the knowledge and resources to opt for the best treatment which will enhance their life.
Advantages of Dental Implants:
- Dental implants help to retain the natural shape and smile of the face. The face sags and looks sad and sunken if there are teeth missing.
- They feel and look like your natural teeth as they are fused with your bone and they are permanent.
- Dental implants function as your own teeth and you can eat your food without pain and with confidence. With dentures chewing becomes difficult as they may slide.
- Dentures with poor fittings can cause you to slur or mumble your words as the teeth might slip within the mouth. With dental implants you do not have to worry about the teeth slipping and it allows you to speak properly.
- Implants lasts for many years as they are very durable and they may last a lifetime with proper care.
- As the implants are attached they are comfortable and the discomfort of removing the dentures is eliminated.
- It provides better oral health as the teeth do not need altering to support the implant and are left intact. Single implants improve oral hygiene as it allows easy access between teeth.
- Implants are convenient as they do not have to be removed like dentures.
Are Dental Implants successful?
Dental implants in Jaipur mostly have 98% success rate but it can vary depending upon where it is placed in the jaw.
Dental implants can be considered by people with healthy gums and they should have enough bone for the implant to hold. They should be dedicated towards proper oral hygiene and visit the dentist regularly. People suffering from heart diseases, diabetes, who had radiation therapy in the neck or head area or who are chain smokers need to be examined by the dentist to verify whether they are eligible for the dental implants. There is an early risk of failure of the dental implants if the patient has osteoporosis, has used steroid for a long time and has diseases which affect the bones.
How long will the Implant last and are they safe?
Dental implant treatments are well established and safe. They last for a long time with proper care. If there is lack of proper care then a coating develops on the implant which is similar to what happens to natural teeth when they are neglected.
If they are not treated then they can cause soreness, gum infections, discomfort and bleeding.
If the implants are well cared for and the bone where the implants are planted is healthy and strong then the implant may last for a long time. But there is no guarantee for lifetime.
Dental implants involve personalized treatment and the plan is prepared according to your specific needs by dental surgeons in Jaipur who are experienced in restorative dentistry and oral surgery.
Tooth root implant is placed in the bone socket of the absent tooth; this implant made of titanium, is a small post. The jaw bone heals and grows around the post securing it firmly in the jaw.
It takes about 6 to 12 weeks to heal. Once the implant is fixed to the jawbone then an abutment which is a connector post is attached to the post to hold the new tooth securely in place. Impressions of the teeth are made by the dentist so that he can make a new tooth or teeth. A model is made of your bite which has your teeth, arrangement and type captured in it. The new tooth or teeth is made according to this model. Replacement tooth which is made is called the crown; it is attached to the abutment.
Some patients have attachments that support and retain removable dentures placed on the implants instead of individual crowns.
The new teeth color will be matched to the color of your natural teeth by the dentist so that it feels, looks and functions like your natural teeth.
Are Dental Implants painful?
According to people who have had implants there is minimum discomfort felt during the procedure. During the procedure local anesthesia is used and the pain involved is less than extraction of the tooth. After the procedure the patient may feel slight soreness which can be treated with pain killers.
What if the implants do not fuse with the bone?
This rarely happens and if it does become loose then the implants are removed and the jaw is allowed to heal. After the healing of the jaw the dentist can place another implant there or he can make a bridge and fit it to the false teeth that were implanted successfully.
- The complications that can occur during the surgery are nerve injury and excessive bleeding.
- The risks that can arise within six months of surgery are failure to osseointegrate and infections.
- The long term problems which can occur are mechanical failures and peri- implantitis.
Care for Dental Implants:
- Brush your teeth twice daily and floss it once every day and then rinse it with antibacterial mouthwash.
- Do not chew on hard foods as they can break the crown.
- Regular visits to the dentist ensure that the implants stay in good condition.
- You should quit smoking as it weakens the bone structure and can cause implant failure.
People also searched for: